Choose a good paper for origami is important even for beginners, even for simple models. Many folders have indeed abandoned origami only because the paper was not easy to fold and gave an awful result.
There are many papers for origami and it is often difficult to make a choice. Here is our selection of origami papers for beginners. More generally, you can go in "Origami Papers - Kami / Kraft" where most of the articles proposed are suitable for beginners.
A folder need:
- A paper with a square format to be used immediately
- A color paper to fold beautiful models
- A thin and resistant paper to fold and unfold without troubles.
- A paper with a white face to more easily follow the folding sequences (the drawings use always a bicolor paper with a white face to facilitate monitoring of folds)
- Gift Set origami papers for beginners :
All types of origami paper to get started in origami.
This pack will allow folders to test:
- 5 different kinds of origami papers
- for a total of 379 sheets!
43.20 € 29.99 €
- Blue Box with 500 origami sheets
- 500 thin sheets with square format.
- A size of 15x15 cm (5.9"x5.9"), ideal for all simple models
- A broad palette with 60 colors to always find the right color for your model - A white face to help to fold.
More articles in Classic Origami Papers section.
- Origami papers with patterns
- Larger square sheets 21x21 cm (8.3"x8.3") to fold easy and intermediate models.
- Numerous motifs (animals, nature ... etc.) to embellish the models.
More articles in Chiyogami section.
35.94 € 29.99 €
If you choose 15x15cm sheets, we recommend purchasing an Origami box
Ideal for storing sheets after an origami activity and avoid losing or damaging them.
Convenient for transport during the holidays.
Other Tips and deals:
- Packs Test sheets 15x15cm ou 20x20 cm have a lot of sheets to train to fold your models for a very cheap price. From only 7.95 € for 500 sheets.
- A bonefolder facilitates folding. From 2.99 €