(18 copies remaining)
Size of the sheet
Books: Level of difficulty
French Marble paper
This paper was discovered and made available for the first time for the origami community by Origami-shop, on 13 September 2013.
Choose the size of your sheet from the options above (next to the Button "Buy now"):
- 35x35 cm (13.8"x13.8") = $1.50
- 50x50 cm (19.7"x19.7") = $3.50
This paper has a great a marble-like texture. Rather thick (110 gsm) and water resistant, it is ideal to capture organic shapes (like flowers and animals since there are many curves to be put in them), for wet-folding as well as tesselations.
- To Fold any animals imitating fur or feathers
- To give roundness, 3D effects and capture more organic shapes
(like animals since there are many curves to be put in them)
- To fold tesselations and modulars
- To use wet-folding Technique
Do not choose
- To fold complex models with many layers like insects for example unless you have mastered the wet-folding technique or choose a large sheet (>50x50 cm)
- For children (the paper is too thick to be folded with small hands)
How to use
Size of the sheet:
- 24x24 cm (9.5"x9.5") for simple and intermediate models
- 35x35 cm (13.8"x13.8") with dry fold for intermediate to complex models
- 50x50 cm (19.7"x19.7") & 70x70 cm (27.5"x27.5") with dry fold even with super complex models
Wet-folding for models which need a lot of shape
For more details, read Gilad Aharoni's article
1) Technic #1 (easiest):
2) Technic #2:
Moisten the entire sheet with a damp sponge or a water spray. Fold your model quickly before it dries. Dry with a hair dryer or outdoors holding sometimes parts of the model with clothespins. This technique requires that you know perfectly the folding sequences to fold the model as quickly as possible.
Reviews about this French Marble (1 reviews)
WE NOW SHIP TO NORTH AND SOUTH AMERICA!!!!
Follow us on...